Main menu

Pages

banana paleo pancakes banana paleo pancakes birch benders banana paleo pancakes coconut flour

My husband and I followed a paleo way of eating for about two years. It was a great discovery tool and it began with the completion of my first Whole30 in 2014 (I’ve now done it twice) and if you are interested you can find out more about the Whole30 here. The Whole30 and paleo template helped me to start finding out what food was and is right for me and since branching out from paleo, I now eat in a way that is right for my unique body and its changing needs.

Following a paleo template helped me to understand what food maintains and improves my health, what food interferes with my health, the importance of reading ingredient labels on products and it helped me focus on eating whole foods again. To me, following a paleo way of eating means eating a wide variety of vegetables and fruit, eating nuts and seeds and grass fed, free range or organic meat, poultry and seafood plus fats and oils that are minimally processed. This way of eating may get a bad rap in the media, it may not be scientifically tested and it may seem silly to cut out a lot of nutritious food groups, but if you’re interested then go ahead and try it. It may work for you, or it may not, and you might just learn something about yourself along the way.

These pancakes include paleo ingredients (in that they are grain, gluten, sugar and dairy free) and are firm (and a little crispy) on the outside and soft on the inside.

Details

15 mins total (prep and cooking time), makes about 9 pancakes (palm size) which could serve 1 or 2 depending on what toppings you add and enjoy

Ingredients

1 banana

1 egg

1/4 cup arrowroot flour

1/4 cup almond meal

1/4 cup almond milk

Method

  1. Place the ingredients in a blender
  2. Blend until mixed
  3. Pour palm sized amounts into a non-stick pan* on low to medium heat
  4. Turn when bubbles form (if bubble don’t form, carefully lift the side of one and if it’s browned then turn)

*Variation options

Cast iron pan – lightly grease with butter or ghee

Comments