Main menu

Pages

macadamia buckwheat pancakes gluten macadamia buckwheat pancakes nutrition macadamia buckwheat pancakes recipe

So this recipe was created in an usual way and on a whim. I was moping around the kitchen wondering what type of pancakes to make. The cupboards were bare, I really couldn’t be bothered making anything and I was wondering if I could really make it through the last four days of the project.

Now you would have thought that I would have well and truly learnt through this project that some days you just have to show up and give it a go and you never know what might happen. But in the moment I forget that and so I just moped and complained a little more.

But guess what?! That lesson has now been burnt into my consciousness because these little macadamia buckwheat beauties were perfect first go, and out of all of the pancakes made to date, this recipe tastes most like a traditional egg, milk and flour pancake!

So if you’re looking for a teaser into the world of nutritious and healthy pancakes, then try this one first.

Details

Serves 2-3

Ingredients

  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons macadamia nut butter
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Method

  1. Put everything into a blender and blitz
  2. Then pour this into a smaller pouring jug or bowl to make it easier to use
  3. Pre-heat a non-stick pan on low to medium heat
  4. Using a dessert spoon, drop spoonfuls of the mix into the pan and spread a little with the back of the spoon
  5. Once bubbles form then flip and cook the other side
  6. Enjoy!

Variations

Vegan/vegetarian – I have also made them without the egg (by mistake!) and they worked really well but were just a little more dense than the full recipe

Macadamia nut butter – I make my own by blitzing a couple of cups of macadamia nuts in a food processor until smooth, then into a jar and into the fridge or cupboard for future use.

Comments