Main menu

Pages

chocolate peanut butter pancakes chocolate peanut butter pancakes denny's chocolate peanut butter pancakes with cocoa powder

I’m nearing the end of the project and after a lapse in inspiration I’m back and feel like I’m running out of time to test out new ideas!

But I know that I can continue after the 100 days and I will, but it’s always so exciting to develop a new recipe.

I wanted to keep this one as simple as I could and I think I succeeded!

Details

Makes about 10 palm sized pancakes, serves 2

Ingredients

  • 1 large ripe banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup buckwheat flour*
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon cacao
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Method

  1. Put everything into a blender and blitz
  2. Then pour this into a smaller pouring jug or bowl to make it easier to use
  3. Pour palm sized amounts into a pre-heated non-stick pan on low to medium heat
  4. Once bubbles form then flip and cook the other side (if you cook it too long on the first side they’ll just be a little dry)
  5. Enjoy!

*Variations

Substitute the buckwheat flour with sorghum flour.

You can also heat a ovenproof saucepan or skillet on a stove with a tablespoon of ghee, butter or coconut oil, then pour the whole mix into the pan from the blender (to make one big pancake) and then pop this into a preheated moderate heat for about 10-15mins for a true pan-cake!

Comments