Main menu

Pages

 I recently had a craving for pancakes, a typical weekend breakfast, I was craving fluffy pancakes with blueberries and maple syrup, but the idea of ​​making them as a package has always bothered me.

Reading the ingredients on the box brands, I notice at first glance that they have much more ingredients than my recipe.


Among them dextrose which is a sugar derived from corn, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and corn syrup, all of these probably come from GM corn and soybeans. In addition, other ingredients that I do not understand their function in the mixture such as sodium phosphate, mono and dilacerated, lactic acid, all elements that at least I do not recognize as food.


My recipe has ingredients that we all recognize, it is a mix between the pancakes that my father-in-law taught me to make (which by the way, they are very good) and my own recipe, the great thing is that they are quite healthy and versatile. It is also just as easy as taking a box and to be honest it is much tastier.


Pancake-with-blueberries


adding-oats


cooking-pancake


To start the day as it should, full belly, happy heart.


Prep Time: 15 min

Cook Time: 10 min

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 4 1 x

Category: Breakfast

Cuisine: Classic

  • 2 cups of flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup milk (more or less depending on taste)
  • 2 eggs
  • 20 grams of butter melted
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • a pinch of salt
  • Blueberries to taste

Instructions

  1. Mix the flour, baking powder, oatmeal, a pinch of salt and sugar.
  2. Add the milk, egg yolks, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
  3. Raise the whites to the point and add them to the mixture in an enveloping way.
  4. Cook in a skillet and add the blueberries to each pancake.
  5. Serve with maple syrup.

Comments